Driver Trainee Program (Class A CDL) for Amazon Freight Partner
Post training completion
Compensation: Starting at $50k yearly + benefits
Consistent Weekly Schedule: Morning, Afternoon, Overnight, Evening, Weekday, and Weekend
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Shift: 45-50 hours a week (13-hr shifts). Time and a half over 40 hours.
Benefits: Include offerings such as 401K, health benefits, and PTO.
Hauling Happiness LLC is hiring CDL Driver Trainees to support the Amazon Freight Partner program. We have partnered with 160Driving Academy to offer excellent entry-level Commercial Driver’s License A training (CDL-A) and competitive starting pay! We’ll help you get your CDL-A driving career off to a great start and transition both professionally and financially into your new career. Academy classes meet 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 6 weeks for CDL- Finishing training (54 hours). You will receive a pay of $14 per hour during the training period.
The 160 Driving Academy (DA) teaches students skills to be one of the safest drivers on the road. Their instructors, many with a million miles or more of safe driving experience, actively engage all students in the classroom, practice yard, and on the road. When you join Hauling Happiness LLC for this CDL-A training program, you attend a Best-in-Class Truck Driving Academy and enter a fulfilling, dynamic occupation.
We are a local small business with the benefits of a large company. We haul for Amazon and make on-the-spot offers contingent on meeting eligibility and background check requirements.
Once you Complete your Class A CDL finishing training, your pay will increase significantly to a qualified driver's pay. Once you successfully complete the 160 Driving Academy, you will be trained at your home terminal for another 2-4 weeks. Once you are signed off to drive solo, you can move into a driver position.
Key job responsibilities:
- Haul loads (primarily no-touch freight) using state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
- Drive local and regional routes that have you home every other day
- Work a minimum of 3.5 shifts of 13 hours each with opportunities for additional shifts and overtime!
- Solo 2: The length of trips can vary. Work 4 days, and Off 4 days, 45 - 50 hours.
- Exceed customer expectations and deliver packages on time and at the right place.
Why you’ll want to work for Hauling Happiness LLC
- Earn More: We offer competitive pay starting at $24 per hour.
- Consistent Work: You will work a minimum of 3.5 shifts of 13 hours every week with consistent work all year and have opportunities for additional shifts and overtime.
- Compelling Benefits: We offer W2 employment with paid time off, health and dental insurance, and 401(k).
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- Able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must satisfy Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) requirements imposed by the DOT.
- Must have a positive Drive-A-Check (DAC) Report
- Pass a DOT-required drug screen.
- Able to learn and use handheld technology devices.
- Be able to learn and use smartphone applications such as GPS.
- 1 + years of experience using handheld technology devices.
- 1 + years of experience using smartphone applications such as GPS.
- High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
Contact: Larry Jordan, 317-679-5556 or Larry@HaulingHappiness.com
You will not be employed by Amazon, instead, you will be working directly for a local transportation company that partners with Amazon.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, national origin, race, color, disability, religious beliefs, sex (including sexual orientation) or genetic information (including family medical history).
LeadFlex Job ID: 157163
External ID: 3575bb43-29ee-4322-bdbc-69b09ab1d630
Post Date: 10/01/2023